Searchlight Pictures and Disney have officially announced and detailed their home entertainment releases for the horror-thriller ‘Antlers’ directed by Scott Cooper. The film will arrive home early on Digital beginning December 21, 2021, followed by the Blu-ray and DVD releases on January 4, 2022. Continue below to check out the full announcement for the releases including bonus content listings, disc specs and more, plus artwork for both physical releases.
“ONE OF THE BEST CREATURE FEATURES IN YEARS”
– Patrick Cavanaugh, ComicBook
Searchlight Pictures’ Antlers Terrifies on Digital December 21
and on Blu-ray™ and DVD January 4
LOS ANGELES, CA (November 15, 2021) – Acclaimed director Scott Cooper and monster maestro Guillermo del Toro bring to life a multi-dimensional terror experience with Antlers. Searchlight Pictures’ latest horror-thriller will be available on Digital December 21 and Blu-ray™ and DVD January 4, 2022.
The myth of the dreaded “wendigo” comes to shocking life in this terrifying horror thriller. When a small-town Oregon teacher (Keri Russell) and her brother (Jesse Plemons), the local sheriff, seek to help a troubled young boy who possesses a strange secret, the consequences are more dreadful than they could have possibly imagined.
- The Evil Within – Co-writer/director Scott Cooper gives us a glimpse of the many complex layers at play in his approach to making Antlers, a horror film about very human concerns, and his most ambitious film to date.
- An Exploration of Modern Horror with Guillermo del Toro – Producer Guillermo del Toro traces the lineage of elevated horror in cinema. Employing his encyclopedic knowledge and passion for the horror genre, he discusses the connection between mythology and human behavior.
- Artifacts and Totems – The filmmakers discuss how they created this world of a small, tight-knit Northwest community of working-class Americans in bringing Scott Cooper’s vision to life.
- Gods Walk Among Us – An in-depth exploration of the digital and practical effects used to create the film’s primal creatures.
- Cry of the Wendigo – Discover the fascinating folklore behind the wendigo from the film’s First Nations consultants. Learn about the creature’s mythic origins and about its connection to man’s betrayal of the land.
- Metamorphosis – At the center of Antlers is a transformative performance by Scott Haze. Hear about the actor’s preparation for filming, including how he lost some 70 pounds in order to play a deeply tragic character.
- Comic-Con @ Home with Scott Cooper and Guillermo del Toro – Steve Weintraub moderates this candid Comic-Con@Home 2020 Panel interview with Guillermo del Toro and Scott Cooper. Hear the filmmakers describe their process, and learn who some of their filmmaking heroes are.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Keri Russell as Julia Meadows
Jesse Plemons as Paul Meadows
Jeremy T. Thomas as Lucas Weaver
Graham Greene as Warren Stokes
Scott Haze as Frank Weaver
Rory Cochrane as Dan Lecroy
Amy Madigan as Principal Booth
Guillermo del Toro, p.g.a.
David S. Goyer, p.g.a
J. Miles Dale, p.g.a
C. Henry Chaisson
& Nick Antosca
and Scott Cooper
Based upon a short story by
Digital: December 21
Physical: January 4
Digital: UHD, HD, SD
Physical: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 99 minutes
U.S. Rated R
*Rated R for violence including gruesome images, and for language
*Bonus material not rated
Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.
*Screen-Connections.com is an Amazon Associate that earns from qualifying purchases