Paramount Home Entertainment has officially announced their upcoming ‘Paramount Scares Volume 1’ 4K Ultra HD Box Set. The limited edition collector’s release will feature ‘Rosemary’s Baby’ (1968), ‘Pet Sematary’ (1989), ‘Smile’ (2022), and ‘Crawl’ (2019) on 4K Ultra HD, along with a mystery title not yet announced and some collectible items. The set will be available to own beginning October 24, 2023. Continue below for some additional information about the release including bonus content listings and more.
Get ready for a season of haunting entertainment with PARAMOUNT SCARES VOL. 1, Paramount Home Entertainment’s inaugural, limited-edition collection of chilling films, arriving October 24, 2023.
Fans can plumb the depths of the horror genre with this collectible box set featuring five unforgettable movies, all in eye-popping 4K Ultra HD, along with over four hours of legacy special features and exclusive collectible items. Housed in deluxe packaging, each of the following films is presented in a special sleeve with artwork exclusive to the collection:
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968)—Newly remastered on 4K Ultra HD, this iconic classic celebrates its 55th anniversary this year. With groundbreaking camerawork and bone-chilling suspense, Rosemary’s Baby gave birth to the modern thriller. Featuring extraordinary performances—including Ruth Gordon in an Oscar®-winning role as an eccentric neighbor—the film received extensive critical praise. Widely considered to be one of the greatest horror films of all time, Rosemary’s Baby was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress in 2014.
Bonus Content (on Blu-ray Disc™):
- Rosemary’s Baby – A Retrospective
- Mia and Roman
- Theatrical Trailer
- 50th Anniversary “Redband” Trailer
- Pet Sematary (1989)— Written for the screen by internationally renowned author Stephen King and based on his iconic bestseller, director Mary Lambert’s thrilling Pet Sematary electrified audiences upon its release in 1989, earning more than $57 million to become the highest grossing horror film of the time. The shocking depiction of unspeakable evil was remastered in 4K under the supervision of Lambert using the original film negative.
Bonus Content (on Blu-ray Disc):
- Commentary by director Mary Lambert
- Pet Sematary: Fear and Remembrance
- Pet Sematary: Revisitation
- Stephen King Territory
- The Characters
- Filming the Horror
- Storyboards Introduction by Mary Lambert
- Behind the Scenes
- Smile (2022)—This terrifying and inventive film from writer and director Parker Finn became a true horror phenomenon, earning more than $217 million at the global box office and becoming the #1 original horror movie of 2022. A sequel is in development with Finn set to return as director.
Bonus Content (on 4K Ultra HD Disc):
- Commentary by director Parker Finn
- Something’s Wrong with Rose: Making Smile
- Flies on the Wall: Inside the Score
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by director Parker Finn
- Laura Hasn’t Slept – Original Short with Introduction by director Parker Finn
- Crawl (2019)—Produced by Sam Raimi and directed by Alexandre Aja, this unexpected and suspense-filled creature feature took audiences and critics by storm with its story of a father and daughter trying to survive a hurricane beneath a house filling with water…and alligators. With a budget of $13 million, Crawl generated more than $91 million worldwide.
Bonus Content (on 4K Ultra HD Disc):
- Intro to Alternate Opening (HD)
- Alternate Opening (HD)
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (HD)
- Beneath Crawl (HD)
- Category 5 Gators: The VFX of Crawl (HD)
- Alligator Attacks (HD)
- Mystery Title—Delivering even more suspense and surprise, the fifth film in the box set is a secret. The fan-favorite movie makes its 4K Ultra HD debut with the release of this collection.
The PARAMOUNT SCARES VOL. 1 Limited-Edition 4K Ultra HD Box Set also boasts collectible items, including an exclusive, full-size Fangoria magazine produced especially for the release. This special edition of the celebrated publication—“first in fright” since 1979—features a curated selection of new and classic articles from the magazine’s archives. The set also includes a Paramount Scares enamel pin, unique stickers, and access to a Digital copy of each film.
Rosemary’s Baby is rated R
Pet Sematary (1989) is rated R
Smile is rated R for strong violent content and grisly images, and language
Crawl is rated R for bloody creature violence, and brief language
The Mystery Title is rated R for graphic bloody violence
*Screen-Connections.com is an Amazon Associate that earns from qualifying purchases