Disney and Lucasfilm have officially announced their Digital home entertainment release for the new Indiana Jones film ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ directed by James Mangold and starring Harrison Ford who reprises his iconic role. The new film will be available at home on Digital beginning August 29, 2023. Continue below to check out the full announcement for the film’s Digital release with bonus content information and more.
“A WILDLY ENTERTAINING FILM FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY”
–Kristy Puchko, Mashable
History’s Greatest Hero Returns! Harrison Ford reprises his role as the legendary archaeologist when Lucasfilm’s
Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny Arrives on Digital August 29
BURBANK, CA (August 14, 2023) – From Academy Award®–nominated writer-director James Mangold (Logan, Walk the Line) comes the final chapter in the saga of one of cinema’s greatest heroes. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny sees Harrison Ford reprise his iconic role as the whip-smart archaeologist one last time for a “rip-roaring adventure” (Maureen Lenker, Entertainment Weekly) full of “exciting action, wonderful banter and fantastic twists and turns” (Germain Lussier, io9).
The film will be available from all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Vudu on August 29, with never-before-seen bonus content including five chapters that chart the making of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Join the cast and crew on an epic, globe-trotting adventure showcasing new characters, stunts, music, locations, production design, and visual effects.
Harrison Ford returns to the role of the legendary hero archaeologist for this highly anticipated final installment of the iconic franchise– a big, globe-trotting, rip-roaring cinematic adventure. Starring along with Ford are Phoebe Waller-Bridge (“Fleabag”), Antonio Banderas (Puss in Boots: The Last Wish), John Rhys-Davies (Raiders of the Lost Ark), Shaunette Renée Wilson (Black Panther), Thomas Kretschmann (Das Boot), Toby Jones (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Boyd Holbrook (Logan), Olivier Richters (Black Widow), Mads Mikkelsen (Doctor Strange) and newcomer Ethann Isidore. Directed by James Mangold (Logan, Walk the Line) and written by Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth and David Koepp and James Mangold, based on characters created by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman, the film is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel, with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas serving as executive producers. John Williams, who has scored each Indy adventure since the original Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981, has once again composed the score.
The Making of Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny
- Chapter 1 – Prologue – Harrison Ford leaps back into action as Indiana Jones! Journey to 1944 as this featurette reveals the filmmakers, characters, stunts, locations, and incredible visual effects that make up the thrilling opening of Dial of Destiny!
- Chapter 2 – New York – Blast off to adventure as James Mangold showcases the re-creation of 1969 Manhattan for the Moon Parade chase. This featurette spotlights Helena (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) as John Williams conducts his beautiful new theme for this compelling character.
- Chapter 3 – Morocco – The man in the hat is back! Explore Morocco as this featurette breaks down the white-knuckle stunts of the medina tuk-tuk chase and hotel brawl. Meet Teddy (Ethann Isidore), Indy’s precocious new ally in the hunt for the dial!
- Chapter 4 – Sicily – Meet Renaldo (Antonio Banderas) as he guides our heroes on a perilous underwater treasure hunt! Catch up with Harrison Ford and Phoebe Waller-Bridge on location in Sicily and explore the caverns, traps, and bugs surrounding Archimedes’ tomb!
- Chapter 5 – Finale – This featurette breaks down the thrilling climax to the Indiana Jones series. Cast and filmmakers James Mangold, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, John Williams, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford bid farewell to one of the greatest heroes of all time.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Helena Shaw
Antonio Banderas as Renaldo
John Rhys-Davies as Sallah
Shaunette Renée Wilson as Mason
Thomas Kretschmann as Colonel Weber
Toby Jones as Basil Shaw
Boyd Holbrook as Klaber
Olivier Richters as Hauke
Ethann Isidore as Teddy
Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Voller
Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth and David Koepp and James Mangold
Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, Simon Emanuel
Executive Produced by
Steven Spielberg, George Lucas
Digital: August 29, 2023
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 154 minutes
U.S. Rated PG-13
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)