20th Century Studios Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed their home entertainment releases for ‘The Bob’s Burgers Movie’. The animated feature will be available early on Digital beginning July 12 (as well as streaming on Hulu and HBO Max the same date), followed by the Blu-ray and DVD releases on July 19. The film will also be released in a 4K Ultra HD Steelbook release with custom artwork only available at Best Buy. Continue on to check out the full announcement for the release including bonus content listings, disc specs and more.
THE BOB’S BURGERS MOVIE PROVES THAT THE BELCHERS ARE ONE OF THE MOST WONDERFUL FAMILIES IN ANIMATION HISTORY”
– Ross Bonaime, Collider
Get the Patty Started This Summer When The Bob’s Burgers Movie Flips onto Digital July 12 and Blu-ray™ and DVD July 19
BURBANK, CA (June 27, 2022) – Get your buns ready! 20th Century Studios’ murder-mystery adventure, The Bob’s Burgers Movie, will be available on digital July 12 and on Blu-ray and DVD July 19. Fans can bring the beloved Belcher family into their homes with double stacked bonus features including exclusive deleted scenes, animation extras, audio commentary and a new short, “My Butt Has A Fever.” Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™, this quirky comedy musical adventure is “delightful, like a fizzy soda on a hot day” (Amy Nicholson, Variety). Collectors can beef up their movie collection with the 4K Ultra HD SteelBook® featuring custom artwork, available only at Best Buy.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie is an animated musical comedy-mystery-adventure based on the long-running, Emmy® award-winning series. After a ruptured water main creates a sinkhole in front of Bob’s Burgers and blocks the entrance, Bob and Linda Belcher struggle to keep the business afloat, and the kids try to solve a mystery that could save the restaurant.
- Watch the movie with audio commentary by H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, Directors Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman, Writer Nora Smith and Production Designer Ruben Hickman.
- Making Of the Movie: Bob’s Burgers Creator Loren Bouchard talks about turning Bob’s Burgers the TV show into Bob’s Burgers the show that’s a movie.
Theatrical Short (Seen Only in Limited Theaters)
- My Butt Has a Fever – Theatrical Version: The Belcher children perform in the school talent show in order to share their very important and powerful message.
- My Butt Has a Fever – Animatic Version: A look Behind-the-scenes, the animatic of the theatrical short My Butt Has a Fever.
- Metal Detector: Bob and Linda go to City Hall in a version of the movie where they went to City Hall.
- Burning Piers: The turbulent history of Wonder Wharf.
- Grover’s Office: Bob and Linda go to Grover’s office in a version of the movie where they went to Grover’s Office.
Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
- The Movie We Didn’t Make: Creator Loren Bouchard and Writer Nora Smith discuss trying to make a movie, particularly The Bob’s Burger Movie.
- Metal Detector: Bob and Linda go to City Hall, with commentary by Creator Loren Bouchard and Writer Nora Smith.
- Burning Piers: The turbulent history of Wonder Wharf, with commentary by Creator Loren Bouchard and Writer Nora Smith.
- Grover’s Office: Bob and Linda go to Grover’s Office, with commentary by Creator Loren Bouchard and Writer Nora Smith.
Animation Extras – Animatics
- “Sunny Side Up Summer” Storyboards and Rough Animation: The work-in-progress not-even-color-yet animatic of the song “Sunny Side Up Summer.”
- “Lucky Ducks” Storyboards and Rough Animation: The work-in-progress not-even-color-yet animatic of the song “Lucky Ducks.”
- “Not That Evil” Storyboards and Rough Animation Featuring David Wain: David Wain performs an entire dance routine, with no formal training, to his character Grover’s song “Not That Evil.” Plays alongside the song’s animatic.
- “End Credits” Storyboards and Rough Animation: The work-in-progress animatic of the End Credits, comes with provocative dance moves and unconventional rhythm.
Animation Extras – Animating the Scene
- Linda Through the Pass-Through with Commentary by Director Bernard Derriman: The progression of a scene from storyboard to animation, with commentary by Director Bernard Derriman, and also Linda is in it.
- Bob And Linda Go to The Bank: A time lapse of the bank scene being animated.
- Bob And Linda Go to The Bank with Commentary by Director Bernard Derriman: A time lapse of the bank scene being animated, with commentary by Director Bernard Derriman.
- Louise Grabs the Fuse: A time lapse of the “Louise Grabs the Fuse” scene being animated.
- Louise Grabs the Fuse with Commentary by Director Bernard Derriman: A time lapse of the “Louise Grabs the Fuse” scene being animated, with commentary by Director Bernard Derriman.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
- Jon Benjamin as Bob Belcher
John Roberts as Linda Belcher
Dan Mintz as Tina Belcher
Eugene Mirman as Gene Belcher
Kristen Schaal as Louise Belcher
David Wain as Grover Fischoeder
Zach Galifianakis as Felix Fischoeder
Kevin Kline as Calvin Fischoeder
Larry Murphy as Teddy
and Bernard Derriman
and Nora Smith
and Nora Smith
Digital: July 12
Physical: July 19
Digital: UHD, HD, SD
Physical: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 102 minutes
U.S. Rated PG-13
* For rude/suggestive material and language
Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.
*Screen-Connections.com is an Amazon Associate that earns from qualifying purchases