Disney has officially announced and detailed their home entertainment releases for the ‘Jungle Cruise’ movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt. The film will arrive home early on Digital beginning August 31, followed by the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases on November 16, 2021. Continue below to check out the full announcement for the release including bonus content listings, disc specs and more.=Updated with artwork for the 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases!=
“Nonstop action and adventure the whole family will enjoy”
– Dewey Singleton, AwardsWatch
Take A Riveting Ride Through the Amazon When Disney’s Jungle Cruise Docks Early on Digital August 31
and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD November 16
Experience The Adventure in a New Way with Expedition Mode!
Plus 11 Deleted Scenes, Bloopers and More…
LOS ANGELES, CA (August 16, 2021) – Disney’s Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, arrives on all major digital platforms on August 31 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16. Jungle Cruise fans can set sail on a rollicking thrill-ride in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes. In addition, families can watch the adventure in a fun, exciting new way with Expedition Mode.
Seeking an ancient tree with healing abilities, Dr. Lily Houghton and wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff team up for the adventure-of-a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking ride down the Amazon. Amidst danger and supernatural forces lurking in the jungle, secrets of the lost tree unfold as their fate—and mankind’s—hangs in the balance.
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Bonus Features*
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Cast: Dwayne Johnson as Frank Wolff
Emily Blunt as Lily Houghton
Edgar Ramírez as Aguirre
Jack Whitehall as MacGregor Houghton
Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim
Paul Giamatti as Nilo
Veronica Falcón as Trader Sam
Directed by: Jaume Collet-Serra
Produced by: John Davis, p.g.a.
Beau Flynn, p.g.a.
John Fox, p.g.a.
Danny Garcia, p.g.a.
Hiram Garcia, p.g.a.
Dwayne Johnson, p.g.a.
Co-Producer: Petra Holtorf
Executive Producers: Douglas C. Merrifield
Associate Producers: Lacey Darlene Paulson
David H. Venghaus Jr.
Screenplay by: Michael Green
Story by: John Norville
Music by: James Newton Howard
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Product Specifications
Street Date: Digital: August 31
Physical: November 16
Product SKUs: Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time: Approx. 127 minutes
Rating: U.S. Rated PG-13
Bonus material not rated
Aspect Ratio: Digital: 2.39:1
U.S. Audio: 4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English AD 2.0 Dolby, English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
U.S. Subtitles: 4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian, Japanese
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.