Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed their 4K Ultra HD releases of Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Inglourious Basterds’. The Brad Pitt led film will make its debut on 4K Ultra HD and Digital on October 12, 2021. Continue below to check out the full announcement for the release including bonus content listings and more.
BRING HOME THE STAR-STUDDED, ACTION-PACKED WAR THRILLER IN ULTRA HIGH DEFINITION QUALITY, AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE SEEN
AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME ON 4K, BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 12, 2021
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
SYNOPSIS: Brad Pitt takes no prisoners in Quentin Tarantino’s high-octane WWII revenge fantasy
Inglourious Basterds. As war rages in Europe, a Nazi-scalping squad of American soldiers, known to their enemy as “The Basterds,” is on a daring mission to take down the leaders of the Third Reich.
OVER TWO HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT, INCLUDING:
- Extended & Alternate Scenes
- Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and Elvis Mitchell
- The New York Times Talk
- Nation’s Pride – Original Short
- The Making of Nation’s Pride
- The Original Inglourious Basterds
- A Conversation with Rod Taylor
Inglourious Basterds will be available on 4K, Blu-ray™ and Digital
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS FILMMAKERS:
Actors: Brad Pitt (Lt. Aldo Raine), Melanie Laurent (Shosanna), Christoph Waltz (Col. Hans Landa), Michael Fassbender (Lt. Archie Hicox), Eli Roth (Sgt. Donny Donowitz), Diane Kruger (Bridget von Hammersmark), Daniel Bruhl (Fredrick Zoller), Til Schweiger (Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz)
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Producer: Lawrence Bender
Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino
Director of Photography: Robert Richardson
Film Editor: Sally Menke
Sound Editor: Wylie Stateman
ABOUT UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT:
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.