Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced their 4K Ultra HD release for the ‘Universal Classic Monsters, Icons of Horror’ box set which will feature the original ‘Dracula’, ‘Frankenstein’, ‘The Invisible Man’ and ‘The Wolf Man’ in 4K Ultra HD along with hours of extras; all in one collectible new box set release. The new 4K set will be available to own beginning October 5, 2021. Continue below to check out the full announcement for the release!
UNIVERSAL CLASSIC MONSTERS
ICONS OF HORROR COLLECTION
CELEBRATE NINE DECADES OF YOUR FAVORITE MONSTERS ON 4K FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN COLLECTIBLE PACKAGING
AVAILABLE ON 4K, BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 5, 2021
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
SYNOPSIS: From the era of silent movies through present day, Universal Pictures has been regarded as the home of the monsters. Universal Classic Monsters Icons of Horror Collection showcases four of the most iconic monsters in motion picture history including Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man and The Wolf Man. Starring Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr. and Claude Rains in the roles that they made famous, these original films set the standard for a new horror genre with revolutionary makeup, mood-altering cinematography and groundbreaking special effects.
CLASSIC MONSTER FILMS INCLUDED:
- Dracula (90th Anniversary)
- Frankenstein (90th Anniversary)
- The Invisible Man
- The Wolf Man (80th Anniversary)
HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT, INCLUDING:
- The Road to Dracula
- The Frankenstein Files: How Hollywood Made a Monster
- Karloff: The Gentle Monster
- Monster by Moonlight
- The Wolf Man: From Ancient Curse to Modern Myth
- Now Your See Him: The Invisible Man Revealed
Universal Classic Monsters Icons of Horror Collection will be available on 4K, Blu-ray™ and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
Actors: Bela Lugosi (Count Dracula), David Manners (John Harker), Edward an Sloan (Prof. Abraham Van Helsing), Helen Chandler (Mina Harker), Dwight Frye (Renfield), Frances Dade (Lucy Weston)
Director: Tod Browning
Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr., Tod Browning
Screenplay: Garrett Fort
Based on the Work(s) of: Bram Stoker, Hamilton Deane, John L. Balderston
Actors: Boris Karloff (The Monster), Colin Clive (Dr. Henry Frankenstein), John Boles (Victor Moritz), Mae Clarke (Elizabeth), Edward Van Sloan (Dr. Waldman), Dwight Frye (Fritz), Frederic Kerr (Baron Frankenstein)
Director: James Whale
Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr.
Screenplay: Garrett Fort, Francis Edwards Faragoh
Based on the Work(s) of: Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Peggy Webling, John L. Balderston
THE INVISIBLE MAN FILMMAKERS:
Actors: Claude Rains (Jack Griffin / The Invisible Man), Gloria Stuart (Flora Cranley), William Harrigan (Dr. Arthur Kemp), Dudley Digges (Chief Detective), Una O’Connor (Jenny Hall), Henry Travers (Dr. Cranley), Forrester Harvey (Herbert Hall)
Director: James Whale
Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr.
Screenplay: R.C. Sherriff
Based on the Work(s) of: H.G. Wells
THE WOLF MAN FILMMAKERS:
Actors: Lon Chaney, Jr. (The Wolf Man / Larry Talbot), Bela Lugosi (Bela), Claude Rains (Sir John Talbot), Warren William (Dr. Lloyd), Ralph Bellamy (Col. Montford), Patric Knowles (Frank Andrews), Maria Ouspenskaya (Maleva), Evelyn Ankers (Gwen Conliffe)
Director: George Waggner
Producer: George Waggner
Screenplay: Curt Siodmak
ABOUT UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT:
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.