Welcome back to another new edition of our weekly ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list posts where we continue to keep you updated on all of the most popular […]
Welcome back to another new edition of our weekly ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list posts where we continue to keep you updated on all of the most popular movies and television shows watched at home each week, compiled and released by the Digital Entertainment Group like always.
This week’s ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list for July 29, 2021 (compiled of data for the week ended 07.24.21) once again sees the Jason Statham led vengeance thriller ‘Wrath of Man‘ hold onto the top spot, followed by newcomer ‘Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard’ which debuts on the list in second. Meanwhile, last week’s second place title ‘A Quiet Place Part II‘ falls back one spot into third this week, followed by ‘Nobody‘ which moves up one spot into fourth as ‘Spiral: From the Book of Saw‘ arrives in fifth to round out the top five. Continue below to read the full news release with this week’s new ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list and then let us know what you’ve been watching in the comments!
WRATH OF MAN CONTINUES TO HOLD THE TOP SPOT ON THIS WEEK’S
DEG ‘WATCHED AT HOME TOP 20’
Wrath of Man kept the action at the No. 1 spot on this week’s DEG ‘Watched at Home Top 20.’ Two newcomers came in strong with the Ryan Reynolds starring comedy sequel The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard landing at No. 2 following a July 23 digital release and Spiral: From the Book of Saw, the latest film from the Saw horror franchise arriving at No. 5, following a July 20 physical release. A Quiet Place II dropped a spot to No. 3 while Nobody moved up one slot to No. 4. Mortal Kombat and Godzilla vs. Kong fell out of the top 5, taking Nos. 6 and 7, respectively. And the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection continues to hold steady at No. 14 in its 20th Anniversary year.
DEG compiles the ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ list with the most widely consumed titles on disc and digital during the previous week (except for outside subscription-based streaming platforms). Assembled with the newest studio and retailer data every seven days, it showcases current consumer enthusiasm for home viewing of the newest film and television releases.
Please see below for the July 29 ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ list:
- Wrath of Man (MGM)
- The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (Lionsgate)
- A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount)
- Nobody (Universal)
- Spiral: From the Book of Saw (Lionsgate)
- Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros.)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (Warner Bros.)
- Rick and Morty: S5 (Warner Bros.)
- Werewolves Within (IFC Films)
- Till Death (Screen Media Films)
- Space Jam (Warner Bros.)
- Animal Kingdom: S5 (Warner Bros.)
- Yellowstone: S1 (Paramount)
- Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner Bros.)
- Yellowstone: S3 (Paramount)
- A Quiet Place (Paramount)
- Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train (Antiplex of America)
- Lansky (Vertical Entertainment)
- The Unholy (Sony Pictures)
- Yellowstone: S2 (Paramount)