Welcome back to another new installment of our weekly ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list posts where we keep you updated on all of the most popular movies and […]
Welcome back to another new installment of our weekly ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list posts where we keep you updated on all of the most popular movies and television shows watched at home each week, compiled and released by the Digital Entertainment Group like always.
This week’s new ‘DEG Watched at Home Top 20’ list for July 22, 2021 (compiled of data for the week ended 07.17.21) sees last week’s first and fifth place titles swap spots as ‘Wrath of Man’ moves into first from its place in fifth last week, while the previous top spot holder ‘Nobody’ takes fifth this week. Meanwhile the horror/suspense sequel ‘A Quite Place Part II’ joins the list in second this week, followed by the new ‘Mortal Kombat’ film in third and ‘Godzilla vs Kong’ falls two spots to take fourth rounding out the top five.
REVENGE HEIST WRATH OF MAN LEADS
THIS WEEK’S DEG ‘WATCHED AT HOME TOP 20’
Guy Ritchie’s revenge heist film Wrath of Man takes the No. 1 spot on this week’s DEG ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ following a July 13 physical release. A couple of newcomers joined the top 5 with the popular horror sequel A Quiet Place II at No. 2 and the hit video game adaption Mortal Kombat at No. 3. Godzilla vs. Kong continues to hold steady at No. 4 while Nobody dropped from the leader position to round out the top 5. Also new this week are the comedy-horror sequel The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 entering the list at No. 12 and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run making a splash at No. 20 after its physical release. Space Jam, jumped up eights slots to No. 11 as Space Jam: A New Legacy hit theaters and the original A Quiet Place returned to the chart at No. 18.
DEG compiles the ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ list with the most widely consumed titles on disc and digital during the previous week (except for outside subscription-based streaming platforms). Assembled with the newest studio and retailer data every seven days, it showcases current consumer enthusiasm for home viewing of the newest film and television releases.
Please see below for the July 22 ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ list:
- Wrath of Man (MGM)
- A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount)
- Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros.)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (Warner Bros.)
- Nobody (Universal)
- Rick and Morty: S5 (Warner Bros.)
- Werewolves Within (IFC Films)
- Animal Kingdom: S5 (Warner Bros.)
- Till Death (Screen Media Films)
- The Unholy (Sony Pictures)
- Space Jam (Warner Bros.)
- The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 (Lionsgate)
- Lansky (Vertical Entertainment)
- Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner Bros.)
- Yellowstone: S1 (Paramount)
- Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train (Antiplex of America)
- Yellowstone: S3 (Paramount)
- A Quiet Place (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: S2 (Paramount)
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run (Paramount)