Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed their home entertainment releases of the horror-comedy sequel ‘Zombieland: Double Tap’. The film will arrive home early on Digital beginning December 24, 2019, followed by the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases on January 21, 2020. Continue on below to check out the full announcement for the release including bonus content listings, disc specs and more, plus artwork for all three physical releases.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“A BUCKET OF BLOODY FUN” –MATT ROONEY, JOBLO.COM
WOODY HARRELSON, JESSE EISENBERG, ABIGAIL BRESLIN AND EMMA STONE ARE BACK TO TAKE ON THE UNDEAD IN THE LAUGH-OUT-LOUD COMEDY OF THE YEAR
AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL DECEMBER 24
COMING TO 4K ULTRA HD™, BLU-RAY™ & DVD JANUARY 21
LOCKED AND LOADED WITH BONUS CONTENT INCLUDING NINE ALTERNATE & EXTENDED SCENES, A HILARIOUS BLOOPER REEL AND MORE!
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (December 2, 2019) – Remember to limber up and beware of bathrooms, as Woody Harrelson (Venom), Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Abigail Breslin (“Scream Queens”) and Emma Stone (La La Land) return to the United States of Zombieland ten years after their first undead adventure for Ruben Fleischer’s long-awaited ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP coming to Digital December 24 and 4K Ultra HDTM, Blu-rayTM and DVD January 21 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Experience an all-new adventure with some of your favorite zombie apocalypse survivors, as well as newcomers Rosario Dawson (TV’s “The Defenders”), Zoey Deutch (TV’s “The Politician”), Luke Wilson (Old School), Avan Jogia (Shaft), and Thomas Middleditch (TV’s “Silicon Valley”).
Set one decade after the events of the first film, ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP finds Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), Little Rock (Abigail Breslin), and Wichita (Emma Stone) working together as a well-oiled, zombie-killing machine with a new home in the now-vacant White House. These four slayers must face off against the many new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first movie, as well as some new human survivors. But most of all, they have to face the growing pains of their own snarky, makeshift family.
In addition to the film’s on-screen reunion, ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP brings back several fan-favorites behind the camera as well. Director Ruben Fleischer returns to the Zombieland universe after the blockbuster debut of Venom in 2018, directing a script penned by original Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, in addition to Dave Callaham, solidifying ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP as an event ten years in the making.
The bonus materials for ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP include audio commentary by Ruben Fleischer, a hilarious blooper reel, nine alternate & extended scenes, and several behind-the-scenes featurettes diving into the making of the film and more!
ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP has a runtime of approximately 99 minutes and is rated R for bloody violence, language throughout, some drug and sexual content. The IMAX® Enhanced 4K Ultra HDTM edition features digitally remastered content presented with High Dynamic Range and DTS:X® audio for a more immersive at-home entertainment experience.
ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP BONUS MATERIALS
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
CAST AND CREW
Cast: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, Emma Stone, Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, Luke Wilson, Avan Jogia, Thomas Middleditch
Executive Producers: Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese, Rebecca Rivo, Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad, Jack Heller, Doug Belgrad
Written By: Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and Dave Callaham
Producer: Gavin Polone
Director: Ruben Fleischer
ABOUT SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., which is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group includes film labels Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com