Disney and Marvel Studios have now officially announced and detailed their home entertainment releases of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ which will also mark the first 4K Ultra HD release from Disney. The film will arrive home Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD August 8, followed by the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases on August 22, 2017. A 3D Blu-ray edition will also be available via a Best Buy Exclusive Combo Pack release. Hit the jump to read the full announcement for the release including bonus content listings, disc specs and more.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
| “Nonstop fun and games”
–Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
|“One of the pleasures of Marvel’s treasure chest.”
–Pete Hammond, Deadline
BRING HOME THE BIGGEST INTERGALACTIC FILM OF THE YEAR
MARVEL STUDIOS’ “GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2”
Available Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on Aug. 8
and 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray on Aug. 22
BURBANK, Calif., July 11, 2017 — This August, Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” the blockbuster sequel featuring the world’s favorite band of intergalactic misfits, blasts into homes digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Disney Movies Anywhere on Aug. 8 and physically on 4K Ultra HD,™ Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 22.
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” marks the Studios first in-home title to release in stunning 4K Ultra HD format, providing consumers with the ultimate home entertainment experience with next-generation high dynamic range visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. 4K Ultra HD provides four times sharper resolution of HD with exceptional HDR which produces brighter brights, deeper blacks and richer colors than ever before. The galaxy has never looked so good!
Delivering the ultimate in-home experience is the Ultimate Cinematic Universe Edition (which includes a collectible poster while supplies last) comes packaged to include a 4K Ultra HD version of the film, a Blu-ray, a Digital Copy and more than 80-minutes of exclusive, never-before-seen bonus materials. Bonus will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast of misfits and inspired team of filmmakers, debut an all-new original music video starring David Hasselhoff and special guests, hilarious outtakes, deleted scenes, audio commentary by director James Gunn, and more.
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, the film’s storyline continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians (Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, and Bradley Cooper as Rocket) must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
Does not include any bonus materials.
SPECIFICATIONS (applies to film content only):
Product Offerings: Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision), HD, SD
Physical = Cinematic Universe 4K UHD Combo Pack (4K UHD with HDR, Blu-ray, Digital Copy), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy), DVD and Exclusive Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack
On Demand – August 22nd – check with your local provider
Feature Run Time: Approximately 136 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Audio: 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English/Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital
4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (platform dependent), English 5.1, English 2.0
Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Subtitles: Physical: English SDH, French & Spanish
Closed Captions: Digital & DVD = English,
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is written and directed by James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Dawn of the Dead”) and produced by Kevin Feige. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nikolas Korda and Stan Lee serve as executive producers.
The sequel stars Chris Pratt (“Jurassic World,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Star Trek Beyond”) as Gamora, Dave Bautista (“Spectre,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Drax, Vin Diesel (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Furious 7”) as the voice of Groot, Bradley Cooper (“Joy,” “American Sniper”) as the voice of Rocket, Michael Rooker (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Walking Dead”) as Yondu, Karen Gillan (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Big Short”) as Nebula, Pom Klementieff (“Ingrid Goes West,” “Oldboy”) as Mantis, Elizabeth Debicki (“The Great Gatsby,” “Everest”) as Ayesha, Chris Sullivan (“The Knick,” “This Is Us”) as Taserface, Sean Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Gilmore Girls”) as Kraglin, Tommy Flanagan (“Gladiator,” “Sin City”) as Tullk, Laura Haddock (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Luther”) as Meredith Quill, with Sylvester Stallone (“Creed,” “The Expendables”) as Stakar, and Kurt Russell (“The Hateful Eight,” “Furious 7”) as Ego.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
# # #