Disney & Pixar have announced the release of ‘Monsters University’ on Blu-Ray combo pack. We have info on the disc specs and the cover art for both the standard Blu-Ray combo pack as well as the Blu-Ray 3D ‘Ultimate Collectors Edition’ Combo Pack. You can read more information on this release including the disc specs and the cover art for both releases after the jump.
Immediately below you can check out the cover art for both Blu-Ray combo pack releases followed by the press release detailing this announcement and with full disc specs.
Rush to get Digital HD and Digital HD 3D Versions
Available for PurchaseOctober 8, 2013
Celebrate MU’s Homecoming onBlu-ray, DVD and On-Demand
on October 29, 2013.
Burbank, Calif., August 8, 2013–This Fall, Disney•Pixarcelebrateshomecoming with the release of“Monsters University” onDigital HDand Digital HD 3D on October 8, 2013,followed by the 4-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, 3-Disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack,
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack,DVD and On-Demandon October 29, 2013.
After scaring up big laughs in theaters, the in-home release of “Monsters University” opens its doors to the movie in stunning high definition Blu-ray, and provides hours of all-new bonus material, in-depth behind the scenes features, deleted scenes, the animated theatrical short “The Blue Umbrella” and much more. Directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”), and written by Dan Scanlon and Robert Baird & Dan Gerson (“Monsters, Inc.”),“Monsters University”marks Pixar’s 14th consecutive film to debut at number one at the box office.
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses pathswith hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right.“Monsters University” bravely explores themes of self-discovery andthe revelations that come with growing up.
Joining Crystal and Goodman as part of “Monsters University’s” monstrously talented voice cast areSteve Buscemi (voice of Randy Boggs), Helen Mirren (voice ofDean Hardscrabble), Alfred Molina (voice ofProfessor Knight), Charlie Day (voice of Art), Sean P. Hayes (voice of Terri Perry), Dave Foley (voice of Terry Perry), Nathan Fillion(voice of Johnny Worthington) and Aubrey Plaza (voice ofClaire Wheeler). Featuring a score from recent RockandRollHallofFameinductee and award-winning composer Randy Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3“), MU also includes music from Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia.
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
3-Disc Blu-ray 2-D Combo Pack (2 BD + DVD)
High-Definition & Standard Definition Digital
- Bonus offerings vary per select digital retailers
- Campus Life– What’s it like being on a production crew at Pixar? Get alook at a day in the life of the “Monsters University” crew through their own eyes.
- Story School– This documentary examines the challenges of creating a prequel as well as themes that run through the story, and the change in focus from Sulley to Mike. We’ll also look at how gags are developed – from writing jokes to brainstorming a million ideas, only 5% of which actually end up in the movie.
- Scare Games –At Pixar, we play hard while we work. The same people who keep the film production moving – producers, managers, coordinators and artists – are also the ones who bring spirit and excitement to some of our extracurricular activities. We check out the MU production teams as they go head to head in themostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
- Welcome to MU – Sets aren’t just buildings, they are the worlds our characters live in and explore. This look at the Monsters University campus and its development is told from the perspective of the artistswho created each piece of the campus from the architecture to the ivy leaves. .
- Music Appreciation– Randy Newman’s scores are a mainstay of Pixar films, and this documentary will give you a privileged look at his creative process. We follow the “Monsters University” scoring process from spotting to writingand on to the scoring session.including special college-themed recording sessions.
- Scare Tactics – Animators are actors who digitally bring the characters to life.In this lookat how the MU animation team worked, you’ll see their process of how they channeled theirown monster-selves and created moments on screen that were really funny, really scary and also really serious, sometimes all at the same time.
- Color and Light– How can a single painting set the tone for an entire scene? We’ll look at the creation of the colorscripts and how they wererealized technically in the final film. Along with the process, this piece explores the many layers of technical innovation required to produce such a naturalistic feel.
- Paths to Pixar – MU Edition– When one door closes,sometimes another door opens – one with an even more exciting opportunity behind it. Members of the MUcrew tell their own compelling backstories and sharethe challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
- Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective–Explore the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with tools that are 10 years more advanced in this contrasting look at the differing technical challenges that arose when making “Monsters, Inc.,” and “Monsters University.”
- Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes – “Rivalry,” “Recon,” “Movie Night,” and “Drama Class” – are highlighted with an introduction from director Dan Scanlon.
- “The Blue Umbrella” – This animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, directed bySaschka Unseld and produced by Marc Greenberg, played in theaters in front of “Monsters University.”“The Blue Umbrella” tells the story of an evening commute in which the rain starts to fall and the city comes alive to the sound of dripping rain pipes, whistling awnings and gurgling gutters. And in the midst, two umbrellas—one blue, one not—fall eternally in love.
- Additional Bonus Features-Audio Commentary, Promo Picks, College Campaign, Theatrical Campaign, Set Flythroughs, Art Gallery and more!
Bonus Materials for These Products:
- Audio Commentary
- “The Blue Umbrella”
Feature Run Time: Approximately 103 minutes
Rating: Feature Film: “G”in U.S. and Canada
“The Blue Umbrella:” “G”
Additional Bonus Features Not Rated
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = 1.78:1 1080p High Definition
Theatrical Short “The Blue Umbrella:” 2.39:1 1080p High Definition
DVD Feature Film = 1.78:1 – Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
Audio: Blu-ray 3D Film = English 7.1 Dolby True HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray Feature Film = English 7.1 Dolby True HD Master and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD Feature Film = English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Languages: Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles
DVD Feature Film = English SDH; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) Subtitles
Stay connected with the latest news and information about “Monsters University”:
- “Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity/info
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyPixar
- Website and Mobile Site: http://disney.go.com/monsters-university/
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.